Precision Paper Converters is all about opportunity. If you’re seeking a career in paper and manufacturing, the career opportunities found at PPC are unmatched. Not only will you be challenged to use your current skills, we will provide you the opportunity to develop your full potential, becoming an integral part of a cohesive team.
Whether it be an entry level or a professional position, we only employ people with a commitment to excellence. That’s how PPC has become a leader in the facial tissue segment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
PPC team members enjoy competitive pay and a strong benefits package including medical, dental, life, disability, 401K with company match, bonus program, and a wellness program.
We’re growing and looking to expand our maintenance team. Currently we are looking for two Maintenance Technician’s familiar with maintaining both simple and sophisticated machinery.
This position requires being on a call rotation for weekend coverage. This is a second shift (2:00 PM to 10:00 PM) or third shift (10:00 PM to 6:00 AM) position. Maintenance Technicians perform preventive maintenance and troubleshooting of machinery that incorporates industry best practices.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Practiced in safe work habits.
- Keep production equipment running efficiently on a day-to-day basis. This includes mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and vacuum systems.
- Knowledge of the mechanical systems used in web handling equipment and machinery. This includes interfolders, slitters, calanders, unwind stands, plybonders, spray systems, log saws, cartoners, glue systems, hydraulic systems, pneumatic systems. Knowledge of HVAC systems is helpful.
- Knowledge of the electrical and control systems used on the equipment is important. This includes PLC’s, servos, HMI’s, 480-volt power, 120- and 24-volt control.
- Participate in training sessions with machine operators, teaching fundamental procedures and techniques for proper operation and adjustment of equipment.
- Participate in training exercises and classes required to remain competent in the maintenance field.
- Maintain and repair the building, building equipment, and grounds.
We look forward to hearing from you!