Safe Spring Cleaning
Posted on Mar 19, 2019
Spring is a great time of year to get rid of the clutter you’ve accumulated over the winter and tackle the dust and grime that has crept into your workspace. It’s also a great opportunity to think about safety and eliminate potential hazards. Be sure to keep these tips in mind when spring cleaning:
- Take a look at the cords connecting your computer equipment, phone, mobile device chargers and other electrical items. If there is any risk of your feet getting tangled, the cords could cause a tripping hazard. Keep cords grouped together safely, away from your legs and feet.
- Read safety labels before using cleaning products. Some can release toxic fumes or even cause chemical burns if not used properly. When finished using them, store them safely, away from heat sources and direct sunlight.
- Tackle workplace clutter by discarding unnecessary items, especially if anything has spilled over to the floor or piled up to unsafe heights on your desk.
- If disposing of old documents, place them into secure recycling containers to avoid jeopardizing personal and company information.
- Remove expired items from refrigerators and use a food-safe disinfectant to clean fridge shelves and drawers.
Spring is also a good time to check your personal protective equipment (PPE) to make sure it still fits properly and is in good working condition.
Source: Zywave, Inc.
Leave a Reply